Listen into the latest research and guidance on protein powders with leading dietician Dr Linia Patel.
FitPro’s Jane Waller chatted to Linia about this hot topic – Linia covers:
- Why protein matters so much in the first place and when it might make sense to include a protein powder.
- What to look for in your protein powder and how to choose the right one for you.
- What are some of the terms used surrounding protein powders.
- How much protein powder is too much?
- Which types are better – such as whey or casein.
- Plant vs animal protein powders – what’s the difference?
- What other ingredients are in protein powders and how they may affect you.
- How to know if a protein powder is ‘clean’ or ‘safe’.
- Key things to look for when shopping for a protein powder
- What about if my protein powder is causing me to have digestive issues.
Have you checked out Linia’s best-selling online educations?
- Nutrition for Menopause
- Gut Health – the power of the microbiome
- Low Carb: the evidence & application
- Sports Nutrition Basics
- Plant-Based Eating: The Essentials
- Food as Medicine? Food and inflammation
- Longevity through Nutrition
About the author
Dr Linia Patel has a BSc degree in biochemistry and physiology and has recently achieved a PhD in public health. Linia is a leading dietitian and sports nutritionist. Her passion is translating nutritional science into easy-to-digest and practical advice.