Is there an anti-inflammatory diet? Can foods be used to reduce inflammation levels in the body? If a client has an inflammatory condition is there a special diet to reduce symptoms? This course aims to provide trainers with answers to common food and nutrition related questions about inflammation. This online course focuses on the current evidence surrounding the impact of nutrition and supplements on the development and treatment of chronic low grade inflammation. Practical strategies are given to help trainers navigate this space.
- CIMSPA: L2 Gym / Group Ex
Aims and objectives of course:
- Understand what the difference is between acute and chronic inflammation.
- Discuss how inflammation is involved in disease development and progression.
- Examine the research into the links of what causes inflammation in holistic terms.
- Gain an understanding of how inflammation is measured.
- Understand the science behind anti-inflammatory diets and the key nutrients involved.
- Understand how to eat in an anti-inflammatory way practically.
Dr Linia Patel has a BSc degree in biochemistry and physiology and has recently achieved a PhD in public health. Linia is a leading dietitian and sports nutritionist. Her passion is translating nutritional science into easy-to-digest and practical advice.