Pilates for Pregnancy is targeted at personal trainers and group exercise instructors who want to learn how to incorporate pregnancy-related matwork exercises into their current training.
IMPORTANT: This course is NOT a qualification to become a Pilates instructor. The content is geared towards instructors and personal trainers who would like to add Pilates-based principles to their current training repertoire.
- Understand the different stages of pregnancy
- Learn the physiological changes of pregnancy
- Understand benefits of exercise during pregnancy
- Learn the conditions that preclude a pregnant woman from exercising
- Learn to modify exercises for different stages of pregnancy
- Understand how to programme Pilates exercises for pregnant women in each trimester
- Learn specific exercise contraindications for each trimester
- Understand the principles of Pilates breathing
To attain the CIMSPA accredited CPD points for this course you will need to have already completed a Level 3 Pilates qualification.
Stephanie Glickman has been teaching fitness for 20 years and Pilates since 2003. In 2006 she established Armature (Melbourne, Australia), a studio dedicated to both Pilates and strength training. She is certified through Stott Pilates, Breathe Education, Pilates ITC, Polestar and the APMA. A former Stott Pilates and Breathe Education instructor trainer, she regularly presents nationally across fitness and Pilates platforms, spreading the joys of cross training Pilates and strength. She is also a Les Mills Body Step instructor, recreational Olympic weightlifter and the dance critic of the Herald Sun.