Pilates for Hips and Shoulders is for personal trainers and group exercise instructors who want to learn how to incorporate Pilates exercises specifically targeting strength, mobility and function of the hip and shoulder joints into their current training.
- Understand the basic anatomy of the hip, shoulder and surrounding joints
- Become familiar with basic anatomy and biomechanics of the hip and shoulder joints
- Learn 39 Pilates-based exercises and variations (progressions and regressions) related to the hips and/or shoulders
- Learn Pilates-based exercises, including regressions and progressions, that specifically focus on the hips or shoulders or a combination of both hips and shoulders
- Understand common pathologies of hips and shoulders and how to programme accordingly
- Understand the principles of Pilates breathing
- Be able to modify the exercises for various demographics and conditions
To attain the CIMSPA accredited CPD points for this course you will need to have already completed a Level 3 Pilates qualification
Stephanie Glickman has been teaching fitness for 20 years and Pilates since 2003. In 2006 she established Armature (Melbourne, Australia), a studio dedicated to both Pilates and strength training. She is certified through Stott Pilates, Breathe Education, Pilates ITC, Polestar and the APMA. A former Stott Pilates and Breathe Education instructor trainer, she regularly presents nationally across fitness and Pilates platforms, spreading the joys of cross training Pilates and strength. She is also a Les Mills Body Step instructor, recreational Olympic weightlifter and the dance critic of the Herald Sun.