Fundamental Matwork Pilates is targeted at personal trainers and group exercise instructors who want to learn how to incorporate basic matwork exercises into their current training. The Fundamental Matwork Pilates courses are derived from the contemporary Pilates repertoire and contain elements and breakdowns of traditional exercises. Understanding and having confidence in these contemporary exercises and their breakdowns will make it easier to teach Pilates to your clients.
IMPORTANT: This course is NOT a qualification to become a Pilates instructor. The content is geared towards instructors and personal trainers who would like to add Pilates-based principles to their current training repertoire.
- Learn the various forms of Pilates available today
- Explore the Pilates method in its evolutions from Contrology
- Understand the technique of modern Pilates breathing
- Explore the differences between neutral spine and flat back
- Learn basic musculoskeletal anatomy of the spine, pelvis, hip, shoulder, knee and ankle
- Explore, in detail, an overview of 26 modified Pilates exercises
To attain the CIMSPA accredited CPD points for this course you will need to have already completed a Level 3 Pilates qualification
Stephanie Glickman has been teaching fitness for 20 years and Pilates since 2003. In 2006 she established Armature (Melbourne, Australia), a studio dedicated to both Pilates and strength training. She is certified through Stott Pilates, Breathe Education, Pilates ITC, Polestar and the APMA. A former Stott Pilates and Breathe Education instructor trainer, she regularly presents nationally across fitness and Pilates platforms, spreading the joys of cross training Pilates and strength. She is also a Les Mills Body Step instructor, recreational Olympic weightlifter and the dance critic of the Herald Sun.