Pilates for Strength Training is targeted at personal trainers and group exercise instructors who want to learn more about Pilates and Pilates-inspired exercises that will supplement and improve strength training.
IMPORTANT: This course is NOT a qualification to become a Pilates instructor. The content is geared towards instructors and personal trainers who would like to add Pilates-based principles to their current training repertoire.
- Be familiar with 45 Pilates-based exercises, including regressions and progressions, that specially focus on mobility and ranges of movement required for strength training
- Theory and principles of the body lines related to both gymnastics and traditional Pilates
- What mobility is required for both basic weightlifting and gymnastics-based strength exercises
- Basic history of Joseph Pilates and his Contrology exercise system
- The 5 main shapes of Pilates
To attain the CIMSPA accredited CPD points for this course you will need to have already completed a Level 3 Pilates qualification
Stephanie Glickman has been teaching fitness for 20 years and Pilates since 2003. In 2006 she established Armature (Melbourne, Australia), a studio dedicated to both Pilates and strength training. She is certified through Stott Pilates, Breathe Education, Pilates ITC, Polestar and the APMA. A former Stott Pilates and Breathe Education instructor trainer, she regularly presents nationally across fitness and Pilates platforms, spreading the joys of cross training Pilates and strength. She is also a Les Mills Body Step instructor, recreational Olympic weightlifter and the dance critic of the Herald Sun.