Be part of I Am Team GB
On Saturday 27 August, I Am Team GB will invite people across the UK to get active at their local sports club. Thousands of clubs and groups will open their doors as part of the nation’s biggest ever sports day.
Brought to you by the National Lottery and ITV, and supported by Join In, UK Sport and the British Olympic Association, I Am Team GB is asking sports clubs and groups to welcome new members and supporters. The initiative seeks to celebrate the Rio 2016 Olympic Games and the National Lottery players’ unique support of Team GB’s athletes. Sports stars past and present will also be popping up at events and clubs across the UK. ITV will switch off its channels on 27 August for an hour (from 09:30-10:30) to inspire more people to get involved in sport.
What’s the benefit for your business?
- A fit pro can work with their local gym or sports club to host an I Am Team GB event and build participation in sport
- An event could be free fitness sessions, a group run or a themed event – anything that can get the public out and active
- I Am Team GB will be supported by Olympic athletes past and present; sign up for a chance to get a visit from a member of Team GB
- I Am Team GB can support fit pros with information on how to grow their event and build connections with their local community – they’ll also provide participating events with promotional material and branding
- This is a huge celebration of sport, with sports groups and fitness professionals across the UK getting behind it – ITV and the National Lottery will drive the public to participating clubs and events on 27 August
To sign up to I Am Team GB, visit IAmTeamGB.com and register your club, group or event.
Swimming the Dart 10K
FitPro member, Steve Barrett, has been working in the fitness industry long enough to remember ...read more
FitPro supports Volair Leisure at National Fitness Day 2017
The largest ever National Fitness Day took place this week, with more than a million ...read more
Invictus Games Foundation
Top image credit: Getty for The Invictus Games Foundation As September 2017 marks the third edition ...read more
Industry insight: F45 Training
It’s certainly becoming a crowded space for London’s studio offerings. We spoke to Rob Deutsch, ...read more