Here’s a further update concerning Indoor and Outdoor Exercise in England subsequent to moving to lockdown from Thursday 5th November.
- Indoor and outdoor leisure facilities such as leisure centres, gyms, studios, sports facilities, swimming pools, fitness and dance studios must close.
- Community centres and halls must also close.
- People can exercise or visit outdoor public places with the people they live with, their support bubble, or 1 person from another household. So Personal Training on a 1:1 basis is allowed assuming Covid-secure guidance
- Personal Training should, however, only be undertaken in outdoor public places including parks and public gardens, but not a private garden.
- Group exercise classes are not permitted, indoors or outdoors.
Other commonly asked questions
- Multiple clients in any one day?
There are no government restrictions around training frequency, but one client at a time.
- What is classified as an outdoor public place?
Public gardens, parks, grounds, neighbourhood streets, parks, beaches, allotments, outdoor playgrounds (whether or not you pay to enter them).
NOTE: Please note: these guidelines are only applicable to England and are subject ongoing COVID-19 guidelines from the government. – the guidelines may differ for other parts of the UK.