Put education at the heart of what you do with the FitPro LIVE Workshop Series
At FitPro, our goal is to secure a place for our members at the forefront of the industry. We know that the best route to success is staying educated and, in response to this, we're extremely proud to present the FitPro LIVE Workshop Series.
You spoke, we listened: following a comprehensive educational survey in which thousands of fitness professionals took part, FitPro has developed the FitPro LIVE Workshop Series to address the need for high-quality face-to-face education. Each workshop in the FitPro LIVE Workshop Series is dedicated to comprehensive coverage of a single-theme subject that fitness professionals have highlighted as essential learning.
Each workshop will tour the country, taking in a range of locations that cover all the major regions of the UK. With limited places available, each delegate will enjoy high-quality face-time with some of the most innovative and informed educators from the UK and globally.
The series of expertly curated seminars and hands-on workshop sessions brings affordable one-day learning to all fit pros, much of which is REPs-accredited. Some 79% of fit pros who work in clubs do not receive any formal funded training through their work, so these one-day courses have been created to provide affordable, high-quality education so that no fit pro is left behind.
Education is the single best way for fitness professionals to stay on top of their game. Put education at the heart of what you do and book a place on the FitPro LIVE Workshop Series.
ViPR Training: Loaded Movement Training Levels 1 and 2
Brand new ViPR education
The education is shorter in duration to accommodate the need for condensed, impactful learning. It's cost effective and it's also highly practical, allowing trainers to apply the knowledge immediately!
This is for trainers looking to learn the foundations of ViPR and Loaded Movement Training.
This is for trainers looking to deepen their knowledge of Loaded Movement Training and ViPR programming.
LMT-1 Course content
Learn how to:
- Truly understand the principles of Loaded Movement Training
- Define core concepts of ViPR programmes: Vitality, Performance and Reconditioning
- Identify coaching strategies when training clients with ViPR
- Assess a clientâ€™s movement, and learn how to progress and regress movements based on their goals
- Programme for clients with a diverse range of goals
- Leave with ready-made templates to begin ViPR programming
Book your place today
- Saturday 11 November 2017 Glasgow
- Sunday 19 November 2017 London
£57 members | £ 67 non-members
LMT-2 dates coming soon!
Functional Ageing workshop
The population of older adults is exploding and these potential clients want to continue to work, travel and play for as long as possible. Traditional ‘senior’ exercise programmes are somewhat beneficial but they do not maximise functional ability, which is so crucial in later life.
In this workshop, you will learn innovative exercise strategies, techniques and movements for clients over the age of 50 that have been shown to be critical to functional ageing. Through lecture and hands-on learning you will develop the knowledge and skills to perform functional fitness assessments and create functional exercise programmes for a wide variety of older clients. Become the ‘go to’ expert in your community for training mature adults.
The workshop will benefit certified small group and one-to-one personal trainers; group exercise instructors; physical therapists; physical therapy assistants; boot camp leaders.
- The importance of functional longevity
- Brief review of the applied physiology of ageing
- Functional Ageing Training Model
- Health and fitness assessment protocols
- Functionally integrated strategies and techniques
- Functionally integrated programme design
- Case studies
When candidates have enrolled and paid for their place on the course, they will be sent login details to the online portal holding their pre-learning content, which needs to be completed before their attendance on the live day. Please allow at least one week between booking and the live date to ensure you have sufficient time to complete your pre-learning.
The Functional Ageing workshop also gives you access to the Functional Aging Institute's Functional Ageing Certificate, which includes some online learning, and an opportunity to complete the online exam.
Book your place today
- Saturday 18 November 2017 London
Pelvic Floor with Cherry Baker
Following the huge success of the Cherry Baker Pelvic Floor tour earlier this year, we have decided to add on some additional dates for those who missed out!
One in three women and one in 10 men have issues with their pelvic floors! This is an untapped yet massive market. Do you know how to coach them?
This four-hour workshop by Cherry Baker gives PTs, exercise rehabilitation therapists and Pilates teachers an introduction to pelvic floor education. This workshop is essential for anyone working with postnatal clients, menopausal women, men over 50 and those with pelvic issues.
You'll open up a new client base and learn how to help clients with pelvic floor problems to exercise without embarrassment or dysfunction. We'll look at current misconceptions around pelvic floor exercise and function and issues associated with high-tone and low-tone pelvic floor. You'll learn how to develop referral systems and establish yourself as the go-to person for clients with pelvic issues. The workshop introduces you to in-depth anatomy and function of the pelvic floor and the programme of Diamond Pilates for pelvic health.
Cherry's no-nonsense approach and northern humour makes for an entertaining workshop. If your clients have a problem, let's sort it! If they don't, letâ€™s stop it happening! With five different adverts for incontinence pads currently on TV, the need for them is obviously massive – but the adverts don't address the problem. You can!
- What exercises should be avoided and why for pelvic floor health
- Anatomy function and dysfunction of the pelvis and pelvic floor
- How fascial slings and the obturator internus muscle impact on the function of the pelvic floor and how we can incorporate these into your programmes
- The hypertonic and hypotonic pelvic floor
- Myths and misconceptions regarding pelvic floor exercise
- Pelvic floor products tried and tested
- Functional compound and isolation exercises for both one-to-one and class environments
- Programme of Diamond Pilates for pelvic health
This workshop is open to all qualified group X teachers, personal trainers, Pilates teachers and physiotherapists. Participants gain 4 REPs points for attending the course.
Workshop dates – coming soon
Book your place today
- Saturday 14 October 2017 London – SOLD OUT
- Saturday 11 November 2017 Manchester
FitPro LIVE: Chain Reaction® with the Gray Institute
Chain Reaction®, now into its 29th year, is internationally acclaimed, as well as recognised as the longest running and most successful seminar in the Movement Industry.
Chain Reaction is a two-day live experience that will empower you to better serve and enhance the lives of your patients and clients. This is a truly engaging experience that you do not want to miss! It will prove pivotal to you and your clients' professional advancement.
This workshop will look at global positions and movements that make up our spectrum of life's required tasks. Using these positions and movements, we discuss how to develop a purposeful human analysis and performance training plan.
- Learn how to use ViPR to train hips and thoracic spine for client or patient, and athletic self-care strategies
- Practical application of learning during a workout based on the truths and principles of human movement design
- Explore the body's own position sense communication system and how understanding it can guide your training strategies
- Use a practical example of vibration (ground reaction force enhancer) to analyse, restore and bullet-proof areas of the body
Business Essentials Workshop to help you succeed!
This is a half-day workshop aimed at fitness professionals who are either just starting out in the fitness industry, have hit a roadblock on how to increase their earnings, or thinking about taking the next step from being an employee to becoming self-employed.
This workshop is interactive as well as informative to help you prepare or improve on your current success. It covers: registering as a sole trader or limited company; why you need a business plan; managing your cash flow; raising finance for equipment or premises; and the basics of tax.
Philippa is a chartered accountant who works for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) – a world-leading professional membership organisation that promotes, develops and supports more than 147,000 members worldwide. Philippa is part of the financial services team and also works closely with ICAEW's small business team where she presents to small business owners on common mistakes, such as ensuring you plan for your own financial future as well as your business.
She has previously appeared on BBC Breakfast, BBC 5 Live Wake Up to Money, CNBC Arabia, CNBC Africa, and has had articles on FinTech published in the Singapore Business Times and other international publications.
- Introduction to ICAEW and the Business Advice Service (BAS): who we are and what we do
- What's your business status? How long have you been in the fitness industry?
- Money, conversations and building your confidence
- Employee vs self-employed
- The importance of business planning, how to write a business plan and what should be included
- Tax overview: tax returns and VAT
- Insurance and pensions: what's essential and why are pensions so important?
All fully qualified and insured fitness professionals WERE able to attend this workshop. Attendees who held a REPs-recognised Level 2 fitness instructor qualification were awarded 4 REPs CPD points.
A-Z of Elite Teaching workshop
A-Z of Elite Teaching is a half-day workshop aimed at the group fitness instructor who teaches either freestyle or pre-choreographed classes, is a rookie or is experienced and teaches in a club or community environment.
This workshop will take you on a journey exploring elite qualities and skills that every group fitness instructor should confidently use. You will sharpen and enhance your skill set and learn new secrets for your success. The workshop culminates in a dynamic masterclass, which demonstrates the elite teaching skills learned with take-away choreography that you can use at a new level.
With almost 25 years' experience in group exercise, Teresa Wheatley is highly sought-after, regularly delivers education and presents nationally and internationally. She prides herself on combining energy, enthusiasm and expertise all rolled into one and is well known for her ability to see and unlock the full potential in others. Teresa now enjoys working at FitPro as a national trainer alongside her work as an educator, presenter and writer.
Teresa has used her wealth of knowledge to develop the A-Z of Elite Teaching workshop, where you will learn new skills to inspire and revolutionise your freestyle classes.
- A-Z of elite instruction – your pathway to another level of excellence in your teaching
- The secrets to successful choreography – sharpen and grow your skill set with innovative techniques and learn new secrets for your success
- Musicality – bring fresh inspiration to this essential aspect of your class and learn some sneaky tricks to inspire you for years to come
- The three Ws – create the ‘wow’ factor and the ‘why’ behind the ‘what’, developing a greater experience while linking solid principles to motivate like never before
- Coaching and beyond – stand out from the crowd by taking your coaching and business to another level
- Workshop and choreography notes supplied
- Masterclass music available to purchase
All fully qualified and insured fitness professionals are able to attend this workshop, although we advise you have an Exercise to Music qualification to get the most out of this. Attendees who held a REPs-recognised Level 2 fitness instructor qualification were awarded 4 REPs CPD points.
Introduction to Calisthenics workshop
This four-hour workshop is ideal for fitness instructors and personal trainers who want to incorporate bodyweight training into their programming or clients' workouts.
The workshop outlines the fundamental aspects of bodyweight training, helping to lay sound foundations on which to build with clients of a variety of fitness levels. We provide an overview of the different training systems you can use with clients, examine the techniques involved in a variety of bodyweight exercises and cover how to progress/regress exercises to work towards the mastery of the iconic moves.
Workshops are delivered by either Stephen Hughes Landers or a member of his team. Please see individual dates for full details.
- General principles of bodyweight training, such as whole-body tension, lever length and line of effort and gravity, and using power bands to provide assistance/resistance
- Basic programme design
- Fundamental ‘push’ exercises and their variations
- Fundamental ‘pull’ exercises and their variations
- Fundamental ‘core’ exercises and their variations
- Sample push, pull and core workout
- Examples of the progressions/regressions used to work towards an iconic move such as the muscle up or human flag
All fully qualified and insured fitness professionals are able to attend this workshop. Attendees who held a REPs-recognised Level 2 fitness instructor qualification were awarded 4 REPs CPD points. All candidates received joint certification from Calisthenics UK and FitPro.
Adapting Functional Fitness Tools for the Pregnant and Postnatal Client workshop
The FitPro LIVE Workshop Series started with Jenny Burrell's Adapting Functional Fitness Tools for the Pregnant and Postnatal Client. Jenny is the UK's leading provider of fitness education for this population.
The workshop involved some online pre-learning. All candidates received joint certification from Burrell Education and FitPro. If you are a member of REPs and have your Level 3 in pre-/postnatal, you will have claimed 16 CPD points for attending this workshop.
Using functional equipment such as Bulgarian bags, kettlebells, battling ropes and ViPR, the course focused on the following key areas:
- Pre-screening the pregnant and postnatal client – vital red flags and contraindications to mainstream exercise.
- Programming for function! How to incorporate Motherhood Movement Patterns© to truly get mothers fit for purpose – women with children squat, lunge, push, pull, lift, bend over, rotate and need to balance all day long. Our exercise prescription needs to match their activities of daily life exactly.
- Introduction to Modern Movement-based Pelvic Floor Exercise© – where the myofascial lines, functional movement and the breath all unite to create a highly effective, integrated solution for teaching pelvic floor exercises that our clients can understand and that address their specific needs.
- Introduction to the prenatal Crunchless Core© – staying connected to and maintaining a functional core during pregnancy is essential, especially during labour and when dealing with the fast-paced changes of pregnancy posture and alignment. Then, in the postnatal period, after assessing and categorising the postnatal core, these ‘vertical’ strategies provide an easy-to-progress, functional and healing solution for the active mother.
- Putting it all together – creating interesting, fun, safe, effective and time-efficient programmes for the pregnant woman throughout the trimesters and to aid postnatal recovery.
- Introduction to integrated stretching protocols using dynamic integrated movement – these strategies truly prepare the client for the movement to come and down-train the nervous system post-exercise.
Prerequisites and REPs CPD points information
All fully qualified and insured fitness professionals were able to attend this education. Attendees who hold a REPs Level 3 pre-/postnatal certificate were awarded 16 REPs CPD points. All candidates received joint certification from Burrell Education and FitPro.
Assessment and examinations
- Multiple-choice exam of the pre-learning content (20 questions – 75% pass rate).
- Practical skills – assessing for diastasis, core connection and programming for the ante-/postnatal client. Candidates need to be proficient in ALL activities to achieve a pass mark.
MOSSA LIVE: Let's Move
MOSSA is the most respected worldwide developer of professional, high-quality, enjoyable group fitness workouts in the health club industry. With a long history of inspiring millions of people to move with fun, results-focused programmes, MOSSA's pre-choreographed workouts raise the bar to new heights, with fresh, functional and periodised programmes that members find easy to follow and pack a real punch when it comes to hitting their goals. From the cardio conditioning effect of Group Fight to the dynamic fusion of the mind & body focus in Group Centergy, attendees spent the day experiencing an endorphin overload!
- Experience an amazing five of MOSSA's groundbreaking programmes in one, very affordable jam-packed day.
- Bring along your class participants so they can also enjoy the excitement of being involved in this very first UK tour.
- The members' experience is everything to MOSSA. Experiencing the programmes with your members is a great way to see how well the programmes work, and allows them to provide instant feedback and you to see how engaging they are to teach.
- Bring drinks, snacks and lots of energy!
Intelligent Genetic Performance workshop
Agenica's Intelligent Genetic Performance workshop offered a unique insight into how the presence of small variations within genes has the ability to influence a client's potential fitness levels. Understanding these variations can affect how they recover between high-intensity training sessions, a client's soft tissue injury susceptibility, their genetic ability to make VO2max improvements and their genetic potential in endurance, speed and power activities.
Agenica's Intelligent Genetic Performance workshop provided a foundation of practical genetic knowledge that enabled fit pros to deliver personalised training programmes like never before.
Using both online learning and a one-day, face-to-face workshop, this informative and easy-to-understand course enabled fit pros to offer genetic analysis to enhance their clients' health and fitness.
Robert Smith has 10 years' experience in the health industry, founded Agenica, a genetic analysis company for health, wellness and fitness, is director of health and performance for a fitness facility, and has degrees in medical genetics and osteopathic medicine.
- An introduction to the Agenica company and the process of genetic testing
- An overview of the science of genetics
- The recent history of genetic advancement
- The significance of sports genomics to you and your clients
- An introduction to the important genes linked to your clients' potential in fitness and recovery, and also how these genes relate to injury risk
- An introduction to Agenica reports and their practical application
- How to interpret the results from Agenica testing and use them in client feedback
- This course was open to all PTs who hold a Level 3 qualification.
- All delegates had to complete Agenica's Intelligent Genetic E-learning Course online prior to attending the FitPro LIVE workshop. E-learning comprised approximately four hours.