Using functional equipment such as Bulgarian bags, kettlebells, battling ropes and ViPR, the course focused on the following key areas:
- Pre-screening the pregnant and postnatal client – vital red flags and contraindications to mainstream exercise.
- Programming for function! How to incorporate Motherhood Movement Patterns© to truly get mothers fit for purpose – women with children squat, lunge, push, pull, lift, bend over, rotate and need to balance all day long. Our exercise prescription needs to match their activities of daily life exactly.
- Introduction to Modern Movement-based Pelvic Floor Exercise© – where the myofascial lines, functional movement and the breath all unite to create a highly effective, integrated solution for teaching pelvic floor exercises that our clients can understand and that address their specific needs.
- Introduction to the prenatal Crunchless Core© – staying connected to and maintaining a functional core during pregnancy is essential, especially during labour and when dealing with the fast-paced changes of pregnancy posture and alignment. Then, in the postnatal period, after assessing and categorising the postnatal core, these ‘vertical’ strategies provide an easy-to-progress, functional and healing solution for the active mother.
- Putting it all together – creating interesting, fun, safe, effective and time-efficient programmes for the pregnant woman throughout the trimesters and to aid postnatal recovery.
- Introduction to integrated stretching protocols using dynamic integrated movement – these strategies truly prepare the client for the movement to come and down-train the nervous system post-exercise.