- Indemnity limit £10 million
- Worldwide cover for residents of UK
- Liability for damage to hired and rented premises with indemnity to principle
- Covers your legal liability for injury or damage
- Claims handled directly with third parties and their solicitors
- Minimum age for participants is 16
Student Sports Massage is also available. Please contact FitPro for more information on +44 (0)20 8586 8635.
- £250 third party property damage
- No excess for personal injury claims
Data Protection – Privacy Notice
The data controller responsible for this personal information is Aviva Insurance Limited as the insurer of the product. Additional controllers include Fitness Professionals Ltd who are responsible for the sale and distribution of the product.
Personal information we collect and how we use it
We will use your personal information to:
- Provide you with insurance: we need this to decide if we can offer insurance to you and on what terms and also to administer your policy, handle any claims and manage any renewals.
- Support legitimate interests that we have as a business: we need this to manage arrangements we have with reinsurers, for the detection and prevention of fraud and to help us better understand our customers and improve our customer engagement (this includes marketing, customer analytics and profiling).
- Meet any applicable legal or regulatory obligations: we need this to meet compliance requirements with our regulators (e.g. Financial Conduct Authority) to comply with law enforcement and to manage legal claims.
- Carry out other activities that are in the public interest: for example we may need to use personal information to carry out anti-money laundering checks.
As well as collecting personal information about you, we may also use personal information about other people, for example family members you wish to insure on a policy. If you are providing information about another person we expect you to ensure that they know you are doing so and are content with their information being provided to us. You might find it helpful to show them this privacy notice and if they have any concerns please contact us in one of the ways described below.
The personal information we collect and use will include name, address and date of birth, financial information and details of your business and property. If a claim is made we will also collect personal information about the claim from you and any relevant third parties. We may also need to ask for details relating to the health or any unspent offences or criminal convictions of you or somebody else covered under your policy. We recognise that information about health and offences or criminal convictions is particularly sensitive information. Where appropriate, we will ask for consent to collect and use this information.
If we need your consent to use personal information, we will make this clear to you when you complete an application or submit a claim. If you give us consent to using personal information, you are free to withdraw this at any time by contacting us – refer to the “Contacting us” details below. Please note that if consent to use information is withdrawn we may not be able to continue to provide the policy or process claims and we may need to cancel the policy.
Of course, you don't have to provide us with any personal information but if you don't provide the information we need we may not be able to proceed with your application or any claim you make.
Some of the information we collect as part of this application may be provided to us by a third party. This may include information already held about you and your business and property within the Aviva group, including details from previous quotes and claims, information we obtain from publicly available records, our trusted third parties and from industry databases, including fraud prevention agencies and databases.
To ensure the Insurer has the necessary facts to assess your insurance risk, verify your identity, help prevent fraud and provide you with our best premium and payment options, the Insurer may need to obtain information relating to you at quotation, renewal and in certain circumstances where policy amendments are requested. The Insurer or their agents may:
- Undertake checks against publicly available information (such as electoral roll, county court judgments, bankruptcy orders or repossession/s); similar checks may be made when assessing claims.
- Carry out a quotation search from a credit reference agency (CRA) which will appear on your credit report and be visible to other credit providers. It will be clear that this is a quotation search rather than a credit application.
The identity of our CRA and the ways in which it uses and shares personal information are explained in more detail at www.callcredit.co.uk/crain.
Automated decision making
We carry out automated decision making to decide whether we can provide insurance to you and on what terms, deal with claims or carry out fraud checks. In particular we use an automated underwriting engine to provide online quotes, using the information we have collected.
When you visit one of our websites, we may record information about your computer or mobile device, including hardware and software used, general location, when and how you interact with our websites. This information is used to note your interest in our websites, improve customer journeys, determine pricing and/or offer you available discounts.
How we share your personal information with others
We may share your personal information with:
- The Aviva group, our agents and third parties who provide services to us, and your intermediary and other insurers (either directly or via those acting for the insurer such as loss adjusters or investigators) to help us administer our products and services.
- Regulatory bodies and law enforcement bodies, including the police (e.g. if we are required to do so to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation).
- Other organisations including insurers, public bodies and the police (either directly or using shared databases) for fraud prevention and detection purposes.
- Reinsurers who provide reinsurance services to Aviva and for each other. Reinsurers will use your data to decide whether to provide reinsurance cover, assess and deal with reinsurance claims and to meet legal obligations. They will keep your data for the period necessary for these purposes and may need to disclose it to other companies within their group, their agents and third party service providers, law enforcement and regulatory bodies.
Aviva may use personal information we hold about you across the Aviva Group to help identify and tailor products and services that may be of interest to you. Aviva will do this in accordance with any marketing preferences you have provided to them. Aviva may continue to do this after your policy has ended.
If you wish to amend your marketing preferences with Aviva please contact Aviva:
Phone: 01603 622200 or +44 1603 604999 (from abroad)
Post: Aviva, Freepost, Mailing Exclusion Team, Unit 5, Wanlip Road Ind Est, Syston, Leicester LE7 1PD
How long we keep your personal information
We maintain a retention policy to ensure we only keep personal information for as long as we reasonably need it for the purposes explained in this notice. We need to keep information for the period necessary to administer your insurance and deal with claims and queries on your policy. We may also need to keep information after our relationship with you has ended for example to ensure we have an accurate record in the event of any complaints or challenges, carry out relevant fraud checks, or where we are required to do so for legal, regulatory or tax purposes.
Please click here to unsubscribe from FitPro marketing emails.
If you have any questions about how we use personal information, or if you want to exercise your rights stated above, please contact the Data Protection team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the Data Protection Officer, Fitness Professionals Ltd, Kalbarri House, 107-113 London Road, London E13 0DA.
You can also contact Aviva by either emailing them at email@example.com or writing to the Data Protection Officer, Level 4, Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH.
If you have a complaint or concern about how we use your personal information, please contact us in the first instance and we will attempt to resolve the issue as soon as possible. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office at any time.
Material Circumstances – Disclosure
IMPORTANT – The policy is a legal contract
Please remember that you must make a fair presentation of the risk to us. This means that you must:
- Disclose to us every material circumstance which you know or ought to know or, failing that, sufficient information to alert us that we need to make further enquiries; and
- Make such disclosure in a reasonably clear and accessible manner; and
- Ensure that, in such disclosure, any material representation as to a; (a) matter of fact is substantially correct; and (b) matter of expectation or belief is made in good faith.
A material circumstance is one that is likely to influence an insurer in the acceptance and assessment of the application. You must also make a fair presentation to us in connection with any variations, e.g. changes you wish to make to your policy. If you fail to make a fair presentation of the risk then this could affect the extent of cover provided or could invalidate your policy, so if you are in any doubt as to whether a circumstance is material then it should be disclosed to us.
Disclosures should be specific and made in a reasonably clear and accessible manner. We will not be deemed to have knowledge of any information generally referred to (for example the contents of company websites listed in the risk presentation) or any matter not expressly drawn to our attention.
Each renewal invitation is made on the basis of the information we have at the time it is issued. We may revise or withdraw it if, before the date your renewal takes effect, any event occurs that gives rise to a claim or alters the material circumstances under this insurance, even if we are notified after your renewal date.
A specimen copy of the policy wording is available on request. You should keep a record (including copies of letters) of all information supplied to us for the purposes of the renewal of this insurance. A copy of the completed application will be supplied on request within a period of three months after its completion.
Our Promise of Service
Our goal is to give excellent service to all our customers but we recognise that things do go wrong occasionally. We take all complaints we receive seriously and aim to resolve all our customers' problems promptly. To ensure that we provide the kind of service you expect we welcome your feedback. We will record and analyse your comments to make sure we continually improve the service we offer.
What will happen if you complain:
- We will acknowledge your complaint promptly.
- We aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible.
Most of our customers' concerns can be resolved quickly but occasionally more detailed enquiries are needed. If this is likely, we will contact you with an update within 10 working days of receipt and give you an expected date of response.
What To Do If You Are Unhappy
If you are unhappy with any aspect of the handling of your insurance we would encourage you, in the first instance, to seek resolution by contacting Fitness Professionals Ltd by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Insurance Scheme Manager, Fitness Professionals Ltd, Kalbarri House, 107-113 London Road, London E13 0DA.
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service: Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Telephone: 0800 023 4567 (calls from UK landlines and mobiles are free) or 0300 123 9123
Or simply log on to their website at financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
Whilst we are bound by the decision of the Financial Ombudsman Service, you are not. Following the complaints procedure does not affect your right to take legal action.
FITPRO REGULATORY STATUS
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We are registered as Fitness Professionals Ltd, Kalbarri House, 107-113 London Road, London E13 0DA and our firm's reference number is 310684.
You may check this information and obtain further information about how the Financial Conduct Authority protects you by visiting its website at fca.org.uk or calling 0800 111 6768.
The FitPro Insurance Scheme has been designed with you in mind to provide the necessary legal protection and, above all, peace of mind.
Contact FitPro for further information: email@example.com or +44 (0)20 8586 0101.
Note: This is an outline of cover only. A copy policy is available on request.